Solar Panels in Cincinnati: Why it makes sense
Cincinnati, also known as the “Queen City”, is a great place to go solar. Not only does switching to solar energy help to save the environment, but there are also plenty of financial reasons to go solar. This is especially true when you live in Cincinnati because the state of Ohio incentivizes its residents to go solar. With their 2027 renewable energy goals of 12.5 percent of its electricity from renewable resources, it’s easy to see why more homeowners in Ohio than ever are switching to solar power for their homes. In the last few years, solar energy in the state of Ohio has exploded, which means more opportunities for you to have solar panels installed affordably on your home. If you’re considering the switch, keep reading to find out why now is the time.
Solar Companies in Cincinnati Ohio: How to Choose the Right One
If you’re ready to make the decision to switch to clean energy, it’s important to choose the right installer. Let’s go through some of the most important things to be aware of when choosing a solar panel installer in Cincinnati.
- Expertise: Your solar installer should be well established in the solar industry. A company with expertise means they’ve been around for more than a few years and have thousands of installations under their belt.
- Roofing knowledge: Another thing to be on the lookout for is if the solar company has roofing experience. It’s good to know the company handling your solar installation for your house’s roof knows their way around roofs.
- In-house team: Many solar companies subcontract installation and other employees. Solar companies who use in-house installers are much more reliable and coordinated, leading to faster installation and easier communication.
- Credentials: A reputable solar installation company will have all of the necessary licenses, insurance policies and credentials needed for all areas they operate in. They should be listed on their website and easy to find. A company with all credentials will meet all of the state standards and is certified as a legitimate business.
- Reputation: Reading solar company reviews is a great place to start. Keep an eye out for companies that respond to their customer reviews in a professional and timely manner. Companies who care about their customers will be helpful and thankful to their customers. Another bonus is to look for a solar company that has recognized within their industry with awards.
- Warranties: Warranties are one of the important factors when considering solar companies. Many solar companies do not have reliable warranties. When buying an expensive system, you want to protect your investment with warranties. Knowing you’re backed up by the company for years to come is one of the most important things a solar company can provide for your peace of mind.
yabo阿根廷国际足球合作: Trusted Solar Panel Company in Cincinnati Ohio
Home solar power in Ohio has been dramatically expanding in the last few years and is expected to continue expanding thanks to a combination of federal, state, and local solar power incentives. Finding the right solar installer in Ohio may be overwhelming, but yabo阿根廷国际足球合作, a top rated solar company in the nation has you covered. yabo阿根廷国际足球合作 has a reputation for providing quality service since 2008 and in 2020 Solar Power World ranked yabo阿根廷国际足球合作 #5 for Top Residential Solar Installer in the United States.
As one of the largest residential solar installers in the nation, we take care of you every step of the way. We have helped thousands across the nation save money and gain energy independence. We make going solar an easy decision and wise investment. Want to know more? Contact us for a quote or keep reading to find out why going solar in Cincinnati is worth it.Free Solar Quote
Are Solar Panels in Cincinnati Worth It?
With all the incentives that Ohio offers its residents, it’s easy to see why solar panels are worth it in Cincinnati. Switching to solar power already helps you save on your electric bills, and with extra savings from the federal solar tax credit, state rebates, net metering, and property and sales tax exemptions, you’ll be saving money in no time.
You may also be wondering if solar panels can get enough sunlight on your home in Cincinnati. In fact, solar panels still work on cloudy days and when it’s snowing. Ohio receives a decent amount of sunshine and with nice long summer days, you’ll be producing plenty of sunshine. With the addition of solar battery storage, you can also store extra sunshine during peak hours on those shorter winter days. And as a bonus, you’ll be protected during outages and storms with your stored solar energy.
Cincinnati Solar Incentives
This is where you can find out about most of the incentives available to you in Cincinnati. However, it’s best to consult with a professional in order to find out everything that is available to you and what going solar would look like for your individual situation. It’s difficult to understand all the cost benefits of going solar given the wide range of variables. Why not let the professionals help you out with the calculations? You can schedule a no-hassle consultation with a Solar Specialist from yabo阿根廷国际足球合作. In the meantime, here is a breakdown of the solar incentives available in Cincinnati.
- Federal Tax Credit (ITC)
- Ohio Net Metering
- Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs)
- Interest Rate Deductions for Renewable Energy
- Property Tax Exemption
- Sales Tax Exemption
Federal Solar Tax Credit
The best incentive for going solar anywhere in the U.S. is offered by the federal government. The Solar Federal Tax Credit is a massive 26% of your entire solar system, including installation and solar battery. Going green in Ohio is easier than ever with this incentive. The federal government knows that renewable clean energy, like solar power, is the best way to power your Ohio home. Because of this, they’ve put the 26% Federal Solar Tax Credit into place to help people purchase and install solar panels. With this incentive, you can get up to 26% of the total cost of your Ohio solar panels back in tax credits. And if you don’t use all your tax credits that year, they just roll over to the next year.
However, this particular incentive will not be available forever. You can take advantage of the 26% tax credit through the end of 2022. The Solar Federal Tax Credit for homeowners will drop to 22% in 2023.
Cincinnati Net Metering
Another way that Ohio incentivizes solar power is via a statewide net metering policy. Net metering, simply put, means you’ll get a credit back for any energy your panels produce with the help of the sun but don’t use to power your home. This happens most often during the days’ peak sunlight hours, and this credit can be used for the energy you consume from the electric grid during the night.
Duke Energy is one of the main companies in Cincinnati that provides a net metering program for home solar energy.
Solar Renewable Energy Certificates (SRECs)
Solar Renewable Energy Certificates or SRECs are just another way the state of Ohio is rewarding their residents for choosing solar energy for their home energy needs. This is a program in which you can earn an SREC for each megawatt hour (MWh) of electricity your panels generate. You can then sell these SRECs for cash! Just another way you profit off switching to clean solar energy.
Ohio Interest Rate Reductions on Loans for Energy Efficient Upgrades
The Energy Conservation for Ohioans program provides another incentive for homeowners who complete energy-efficient upgrades or install renewable energy products. This incentive is a reduced interest rate on qualifying loans and is up to 3% interest rate reduction on bank loans for up to seven years.
Cincinnati Property Tax Exemption
Home improvements or additions to your home may often raise the amount of property tax on your home. But in Cincinnati, solar panels are completely property tax exempt. That means all the value without having to pay additional property taxes for the solar panels installed on your home.
Ohio Solar Sales Tax Exemption
The good news about purchasing solar panels in Oho is that solar equipment is exempt from sales tax in the state of Ohio. That means you have the opportunity to raise the value of your property and switch to clean energy with a 5.75% savings.
Trusted Cincinnati Solar Installer: yabo阿根廷国际足球合作
Since 2008, yabo阿根廷国际足球合作 has a proven history and reputation for providing quality service, and was ranked #5 for 2020 Solar Power World’s Top Residential Solar Installer in the United States. We are proud to offer some of the best warranties you can find in the solar industry and only use products that offer the same.
- 25 Year Labor Warranty
- 25 Year Production Guarantee
- 25 Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
- 25 Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
- Thousands of happy homeowners
- Free Home Energy Audit
- Roof replacement experts
Solar Panel Quote for Cincinnati Residents
If you’re ready to take the next step, or even if you’re considering what it would take to get you there, contact us to discover all your options. We install solar panels in Cincinnati and across the state of Ohio. Contact us today to see if we service your area and get free solar quotes for your particular needs.Free Solar Quote
See What Our Customers Are Saying
Our family had been interested in going solar for awhile now and began looking for a company. After reading reviews, we finally made the switch in 2019 and chose Sunpro. From start to finish, they/he have been committed to our complete satisfaction. We would recommend Sunpro for all your solar energy needs.
– Imelda R, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
March 29, 2021